Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Bamboo encrochment from neighbor

Pico Rico wrote:

I'm looking for bamboo to plant to create a barrier between my house and
the neighbor's (which I will plant in a rhizome barrier). All the
nurseries I've checked are charging $60 to $90 for each 5 gallon
container, and I need about 12, so I'm thinking it might be cheaper to dig
out some bamboo that someone doesn't want and replant it. How much bamboo
is there? Would the owner be willing to have it completely removed?

Do you want real bamboo? Japanese knotweed has a similar appearance and
makes a good barrier. Be aware it's aggressive and you'll be fighting it
tooth and nail.