Peter Teubel

Default Nova Compac Chuck

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:51:06 -0500, "Bill Harmon" wrote:

Has anyone had experience with the Nova Compac Chuck. I plan to use it on a
Carbatec mini lathe. \

On the chuck I just received, the jaws have a lingitudinal runour of about
.060 (Estimated, not measured). Manual shows no adjustment proceedure.

I had bought one and returned it within one hour of using it on my Mercury. Extremely limited in jaw travel (not to mention STIFF
movement) and couldn't hold anything very well. Personally, I would not recommend it at all. Better to delay gratification and
save up for a better chuck.

Peter Teubel
Milford, MA
http://www.revolutionary-turners.com