Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kluber Grease vs Moly Kote BG20

wrote in message
On Friday, September 26, 2014 9:02:42 PM UTC, Bob La Londe wrote:

The guy who sent me the spindle sent me a small film canister of

"Kluber" grease. He said it was the cat's meow for spindle bearings,

Google is your friend in this case. I got a CNC website that sells kluber
gease for spindles. Very expensive grease.

I would probably go with the kluber grease.

Dan

Well, I did do a Google search inspite of the fact that Google is not my
friend and seeks to use everything I do on the internet to increase their
database of saleable data.

I found that Kluber is the name of a company like Texaco or Chevron or
PepsiCo, and they make a huge variety of products. Not knowing exactly what
is in the little can of ubber Kluber grease I was hoping for some help from
actual people who might provide some guidance. Since the Dow Corning
manufactured MolyKote BG20 can specifically be found and it claims specs far
and above the needs of the application I was leaning towards using it.
While it might not be "better" than the ubber Kluber stuff I KNOW its
intended for harsh bearing applications.

Anyway, that's why I asked.