Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl[_2_] Cheryl[_2_] is offline

Default Rusting air handler coils

On 9/26/2014 10:35 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I agree with the part about the filter. When I replaced mine
after 28 years, the coils were still clean. And all I'd used in
that one were the cheap 1" thick filters. Of course it also depends
on the environment. If you have a dirty, dusty house, 3 dogs, etc,
then the incoming air is probably a lot dirtier.

I am very careful about making sure to replace the filter every 90 days
as specified by the manufacturer of the filter, it's never run without
one. The filter has never even looked like it needed changing when I do.

I've read your other post about whether it really needs replacing or
not, and I don't know how to respond to it just yet. Thanks for the info!

--
Cheryl