Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Kluber Grease vs Moly Kote BG20

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 14:29:59 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Friday, September 26, 2014 9:02:42 PM UTC, Bob La Londe wrote:

The guy who sent me the spindle sent me a small film canister of

"Kluber" grease. He said it was the cat's meow for spindle bearings,

Google is your friend in this case. I got a CNC website that sells kluber gease for spindles. Very expensive grease.

I would probably go with the kluber grease.

Dan

"Kluber" doesn't mean much more than "Mobil" or "Chevron." I repacked
a spindle this week with Kluber Isoflex NBU 15, which is probably the
expensive stuff you saw. About $30 for a toothpaste tube. On the other
hand, there's some Kluber grease here on the shelf that's meant for
low speed bearings - about $10 for a grease gun cartridge.

--
Ned Simmons