Posted to alt.home.repair
Pico Rico Pico Rico is offline

Default new roof?? (pretty long)

"dadiOH" wrote in message
I have a tile roof, 5:12 slope...about 70 squares of Monier, "Villa",
flashed concrete tile mudded on to hot mopped 90# over the 30# dry in. It
was put on in 1996, cost was approximately $200/square for tile,
installation of tile and the 90# hot mop. The tiles themselves were
approximately half the total.

I only have a couple thoughts for you.

1. You might hire an ex-roofer as your consultant to make sure the roofer
you hire does the job right. Your consultant will have no interest in
allowing the roofer to take short cuts. I know a commercial roofer that
quit doing roofing work and just serves as an inexpensive
consultant/go-between.

2. If you need to buy more non-matching tiles, you might consider using them
as a "rim" around the bottom or top of the roof, so it looks like you are
doing something intentional. Or throw them in sort of randomly to break up
the monotony. It could end up looking nice even with the mismatched tiles.

I will watch this tread for other interesting replies. Good luck!