Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT Tidal power.

"Nick" wrote in message
On 26/09/2014 10:47, Tim Streater wrote:

As glass is quite stable and is not likely to be eroded or damaged
until the planet melts in 500 million years time, it could just be left
to itself. The obvious answer is indeed to put it in an ocean trench,
where over aeons it will be subducted into the mantle, to join all the
other radioactive material that's already there.

I won't claim to know my arse from my elbow but I thought a lot of this
waste contained valuable metals. Wouldn't it be better to store it so
that it is retrievable for a time we may be able to process them
effectively.

e.g. Gasification and stored in underground caverns in granite or such
like.

You are not alone.
Gasification?
There is a big debate as to whether nuclear waste in geological storage
should be easily retrievable or not.