Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Tidal power.

On Friday, 26 September 2014 08:21:16 UTC+1, harry wrote:

Try also

http://www.templar.co.uk/downloads/B...ssil_Fuels.pdf

On the first line of the first page.

Introduction
This paper is a response to what the author considers are not opinions, but
near facts, with respect to
the ongoing use of fossil fuels: namely that, irrespective of any climate
change implications, the
world is, if not running out of fossil fuels, running into an area
characterised by high costs of fossil
fuels, and that a transition to alternatives to fossil fuels, as the
alternatives become cost competitive,
is inevitable.

yes they will as the cost of using fossil fuel's increase.
i.e coal and oil will get so expensive it will be just as expensive as renewable energy then the answer is obvious don;t use either use nuclear
as that will be the cheapest, and as we build more nukes effecincy is likely to increase bringing the costs down, unlike renewable or rare fossil fuel.

What is a "near fact"?

I assume in near fact is one where they claim the cost of fossil fuels will rise, because or scarcity because fossil fuels get mined and mines DO run out of coal or it gets more difficult to mine it, that was true 50 years ago.

That once coal gets as 'rare' as gold the cost of buying it goes up, just like the cost of a gold ingot.
But remmeber once coals burnt it's gone as a source of possible power.