Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

On 22/09/2014 23:47, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher

On 22/09/14 22:02, Tim Streater wrote:

Only for those few listed there. I want to see an icon for any mounted
volume.

then turn that feature

they pop up automagically.

see he

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Odds%20and%20Ends/winowman.png

That's mint mate 17...

I just tested it and nfs mounted 7 drives on my remote machine (using
a console script) and they all popped up like mushrooms

I've got that ticked. I've got "Computer" but no icon for the hard
drive or for the host's shared volume I mounted in the Terminal.

BTW, does Mint have anything resembling Visual Basic? I want to make a
double-clickable executable that can run a script, get the exit code
from the script, and if required put up an alert panel with a message.

There is a Linux version of Lazarus (open source Delphi clone):

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/

Like visual basic, but with a proper language ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.