Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tim tim is offline

Default PING: Larry Jaques-following error video

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:14:42 -0700, etpm wrote:

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 13:01:48 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 9/25/2014 12:11 PM, wrote:
Greetings Larry,
Over a year ago I asked if anyone was interested in seeing a short
video that briefly explains in a limited fashion following error in an
electronic servo system. Well, I have finally managed to get the video
uploaded to youtube after many tries. A new app called "Capture"
enabled me to do this upload. So I hope better late than never applies
here.
Cheers,
Eric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhVeLxi7kg

Whoops! It would help if I put the link or the url in the message.
Thanks Bob.
Eric

Cool. I like the use of the differential to indicate following error --
that's a nifty trick.

If you ever do it again, de-tune the servo so that it has a settling time
of a quarter of a second or so, then spin the input shaft so people can
see the indicator swaying around. Then tune it up so that it's
responding like yours there.

--
www.wescottdesign.com