Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Garrett Dave Garrett is offline

Default Cheap electric pressure washer at HF?

In article , says...

In Dave Garrett writes:

I don't really have a need for a pressure washer frequently enough to
justify one of the bigger gas-powered units. I do have a medium-sized
(3' x 4') motor oil stain on my concrete driveway that I need to clean
up.

I had a similar stain and had excelllent results from
sprinkling Tide powder (unscented...) on it, dampened
it into a slurry, and left it for a couple of days until
the rain came and washed it off.

Got rid of 90 plus percent of the discoloration.

Did it a second time and unless you knew there
had been a problem, there's no there, there.

- used the Tide because we've got dogs and didn't
want to use anything harsher. I'd have preferred
Ivory Snow "soap", but it ain't soap anymore
but detergent, too.

Thanks, I'll give this a try first. A box of Tide is obviously a lot
cheaper than even a cheap pressure washer.