Darrell Feltmate

Default Cheap lathes any good?

Sorry, I am not sure who started this thread, but I think an observation
is in order. Most of us who turn a lot started on cheaper lathes. They
turns wood around and let us attack it with sharp tools. Now I have a
better lathe than when I started. It lets me turn wood around and attack
it with sharp tools. I still have and use that first lathe, a Canadian
Tire monotube with 3/4" x 16 spindle. It turns a lot of pens and
spatulas these days not to mention the occasional bowl for old times
sake. People complain about the monotube. It is not a $5000.00
heavyweight but it is a lot of fun.
--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate