Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Target, home depot card security:(

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 20:03:45 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

I have now had 5 cards wiped out because stores dont bother keeping their systems secure

Find me a secure computer system - only way is to pull the power cord
out of the wall.

I think congress should pass some consumer protection laws, to penalize merchants who have data breaches

Who will penalize government - Oballah can't account for billions for
his Heath Care government site. No idea where the money was spent.

Require the merchant to pay 100% of the costs to replace every card, plus give the consumer 100 bucks a pop for the inconvenience....

What you really mean is you prefer more and more government in your
life to kill free markets. Only centralized government is the cure -
bull****. Have some more Kook-Aid.

I espically hate all the pre authorized transactions like ez pass. I just got the target mess fixed and now I have to start all over again...

Put your cards in a container of water and place it in the freezer.
Think twice before you use them.

of course congress, espically the republicans could care less about the common person. Their only concerns are getting more bucks to run for reelection from big business.

That's a lie. Democrats have raised more money this election than
Republicans.

I am sick and tired of spending days straitening out hassles like this

LOL... Move to Austin.