Posted to uk.d-i-y
News News is offline

Default [OT} Electricity usage

In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , News
wrote:

2 x laptop chargers 140w

Continuous or just when charging? Room for improvement here.

I had the power off, then watched the change when turning the power on,
so they must have been charging, if only a slight top up.

5 x fluorescent tubes 215w (2', 40w each)

Are these on a lot? Look to making changes here.

Yes, they were all switched off last night. The dog survived :-)

fridge and fridge freezer 275w (but I think only one was running)

Is one of them old? Or both, possibly? May be worth re-investing.

Both are more than 12 years old. Probably about 15 years.

Son's PC 40w

This is OK.

My PC 240w (scary)

Agreed :-)

Unbelievable, but I had never set power saving options. Now set to
sleep 20 minutes after non use.

--
Graeme