Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Carl Ijames[_8_] Carl Ijames[_8_] is offline

Default Which of these is the hydrostatic test date of my 5# soda CO2 tank?

First, I misspoke as another poster pointed out, the date is the date of
test not expiration. Second, yes, I think the 7 08 is the latest test date,
July 2008. The ICC 3AA specifies the type of tank and how often it must be
tested, and the 1800 is the maximum use pressure, 1800 psig. I forget what
the next two lines mean. I was told once that the symbols between the month
and year on the hydro test identify the place that did the test but I have
never verified that; could be the test procedure or something else. If you
are really in a hurry, maybe you can go back to Praxair and swap your empty
for another empty with a current hydro test date?
-----
Regards,
Carl Ijames

"Danny D." wrote in message ...

Carl Ijames wrote, on Wed, 24 Sep 2014 19:07:12 -0400:

The TW10.3 is the tare weight, the weight of the tank empty, 10.3 lbs.
My guess is that the 7X56 is the original hydro date (July, 1956) based
on its position under the other numbers, and the 10M80 is from a retest
in October,
1975.

That's great information!
TW10.3 ? tare weight of 10.3 pounds
7X56 ? original hydro tested date (1951 to 1956)
10M80 ? October 1975 hydro tested date (10/75 to 10/80)

Since the tank was given to me by Praxair in exchange for mine, it must
have a *later* date on it somewhere, or they wouldn't have given it to me
(one would think).

Looking at *all* the numbers:h

ICC 3AA1800 is just below the neck
5-59348 is just below that
GPAC is below that
756 is below that

TW10.3 is on the opposite side of all those original numbers

K0 is high up on the neck
8L66 is just below that
10M80 was apparently added later

And then, there are these cryptic numbers:
7something?08 UE
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3913/1...8db206e9_z.jpg

Do you think that means July 2008?
If so, how did they give me the tank if that date is far past?

I've had the tank about a year or so, I think.