Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Cheap electric pressure washer at HF?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 11:01:09 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 21:45:07 -0500, Dave Garrett
wrote:

Got a coupon sheet from Harbor Freight in last weekend's newspaper and
noticed that one of them was for $50 off this cheap Pacific Hydrostar
electric pressure washer (the $50 is off the retail price, so the price
with coupon is $79.99):

http://www.harborfreight.com/1650-ps...ith-auto-stop-
69488.html

http://preview.tinyurl.com/pxwvhrm

I don't really have a need for a pressure washer frequently enough to
justify one of the bigger gas-powered units. I do have a medium-sized
(3' x 4') motor oil stain on my concrete driveway that I need to clean
up.

Has anyone used one of these particular pressure washers before? Think
it would be sufficiently powerful to scrape a couple of years' worth of
slow oil leaks off concrete? For $79.99, I figure I'll get my money's
worth even if I only wind up using it a few times.

Don't know if that's the right way to get your oil stain up but I
bought a 1400 psi pressure washer at HF for about that price on sale
and used it to get out the algae stains in my pool and it worked good

This is a cement pond, right? Not a pool with a liner, that a pressure
washer would rip to shreds iiuc.

for that. I also have used it to get out dirt staining on concrete
and it worked for that.