Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Bilco door bumps

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 01:43:27 -0400, micky
wrote:

In the days of yore folks used Naval Jelly. Loctite bought the patent
I believe, and you can't get NJ now.

I still have some NJ. I used it and didn't like it. It didnt' do much.
Trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, just maybe I used it when it
wasn't meant to be used. I can't remember the details.

Generally, NJ was used in minor rust problems, like hand saws by
carpenters. Cleaned off with turpentine and oil applied to the saw
blades. They made a living taking care of hand saws.

PS: Never leave grandfather's hand saw out in the lawn. You might have
to be taught a lesson about surface rust. BTDT