Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default [OT} Electricity usage

In article , alan_m
scribeth thus
On 23/09/2014 21:56, tony sayer wrote:

But still the 17 watt load!

Have you left the loft light on?

Nope..

Have you got a TV distribution amp wired to your lighting circuit in the
loft?

Nope, thats on a spur off the ring main..

The accuracy of measurement is probably not specified for a reading that
low so 17W may just be the figure it gives if it sees just a mains
voltage with near zero current. I doubt if it is much better than +/-5%
at 1KW.

Well if you pull that fuse it drops to Zero so some current must be
going somewhere down that particular circuit.

I'll stick me bench Fluke meter across the fuse holder when a get a
moment as see what that sez...

cheers..

--
Tony Sayer