Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

On 24/09/14 15:43, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 24/09/14 12:06, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Huge

On 2014-09-24, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Huge
wrote:

PHP is the spawn of the Devil.

This is merely your opinion.

Quite so. OTOH, my opinions make me a very good living.

And on a more sensible note, it isn't always installed.

On OS X it is (along with apache) which was my starting point.

Since you were talking about Linux, where you were coming from is of
little relevance.

It was, since OS X was where I developed my app. I agree that Ubuntu,
at least, appears to come with neither PHP nor apache, rather to my
surprise. I found the same on Windows but that was more to be expected.

Since I have 15k lines of working PHP I'm not about to rewrite it.

easy enough to install both apache and PHP

Slightly less easy to get all the extensions working.

That was the easy part. Finding I now had apache 2.4 rather than 2.2
was a bit taxing, but that all runs now and my app sends/receives mail.
Looking at Python now.

good luck ;-)