Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default tight lug nuts --hot wax method

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 04:49:34 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

...snip...

BTW, I did try soaking a totally rusted pair of fence
pliers in concentrated hydrochloric acid. It did eat
the rust off, and now I've got a working pair of pliers.
I never thought that would work.
...snip...

I accidently misplaced my very expensive Krauter electric pliers outside,
then found them a year later seized solid. just kept them mourning their
loss. Then, after watching the 'remetallization' process our Brulin's
quaternary sanitizer was doing [Unicide 256] soaked the pliers in the
compound,not only did some/much of the rust turn back into metal, but the
pliers started to open very stiffly. Kept working on them and now have my
pliers back!

Have you ever tried Whink [mild hydrofluoric acid] to remove rust? Be sure
to wear gloves! Eats under your fingernails, but you don't realize it
until an hour later when it feels like your nails are being constantly
ripped off. So mild doesn't do much damage to porcelain - tried to etch
glass and it won't.