Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

On 24/09/14 12:06, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Huge

On 2014-09-24, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Huge
wrote:

PHP is the spawn of the Devil.

This is merely your opinion.

Quite so. OTOH, my opinions make me a very good living.

And on a more sensible note, it isn't always installed.

On OS X it is (along with apache) which was my starting point.

Since you were talking about Linux, where you were coming from is of
little relevance.

It was, since OS X was where I developed my app. I agree that Ubuntu,
at least, appears to come with neither PHP nor apache, rather to my
surprise. I found the same on Windows but that was more to be expected.

Since I have 15k lines of working PHP I'm not about to rewrite it.

easy enough to install both apache and PHP

Slightly less easy to get all the extensions working.