Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default [OT} Electricity usage

In message , Tim Streater
writes
In article , News
wrote:

In message o.uk,
Dave Liquorice writes

If you get a monitor that has a data out you can produce things like
this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/allsorts-60/3891740435

Brilliant. My monitor does exactly that - or at least it would, if I
could get the poxy PC to see the poxy monitor ...
Meanwhile, having turned off almost everything, I got down to 84w
usage. A couple of phones and the router.
Turning stuff back on was interesting. Difficult to be exact
because I don't know when things like freezers are coming on or off,
but :
2 x laptop chargers 140w

Continuous or just when charging? Room for improvement here.

Normally they seem to be only when charging-certainly that's what ours
do.

fridge and fridge freezer 275w (but I think only one was running)

Is one of them old? Or both, possibly? May be worth re-investing.

FWIW.

We've a fairly old about (20 years?) under counter freezer that draws
100W when running. Not sure what the new (about a year or so) fridge
does

Son's PC 40w

This is OK.

My PC 240w (scary)

Agreed :-)

Sounds like and old Pentium 4 :-)

Yeah, unless it's a gaming rig, no need for it to anything like that. I
think the main PC here draws something like 100 -120W max?
--
Chris French