Posted to alt.home.repair

Default tight lug nuts

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 07:39:33 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 9/24/2014 1:31 AM, wrote:
I believe I'm applying well over 200 foot-pounds. The wrench twists so
far that I think more force would be dangerous. I'll see what tools
neighbors have, or maybe go to a mechanic.

Can I have the dealer and his crew sent to prison?

A 3/4" impact wrench will spin them off but you should be able to
crack them loose with a breaker bar and your pipe. Use a 6 point
socket.

I second the motion, to have the last mechanic
sent to prison, or at least reeducation camp.

I've had some success with 25 inch breaker bar,
and black impact sockets.

No clue what it is with mechanics who think that
max tight is the only way to go.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

They are NOT mechanics - they are untrained tire installers.- AKA
hacks.