Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default PID calculations

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 19:20:17 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

You need to ping Tim Wescott who sometimes posts here - he's the guru.

What? Who? Huh?

Maybe I've been sleeping under a rock, didn't know this.

I've been fighting a buzzing at stop in my Galilmc.com controlled AMC
servo amps and DC servos. 9 out of 10 times the servo will stop
smoothly, the tenth it will oscilate about 1 or 2 encoder counts so
rapidly it makes a buzzing noise.

Correction..its probably Loop gain on your amp

This might..might give you some ideas of where to start and how to do
it. Maybe.

http://www.omni-turn.com/Pages/Techn...djustment.html

PJ O'Rourke