Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default [OT} Electricity usage

On 22/09/2014 10:44, News wrote:

A bit OT, but our electricity usage has always seemed incredibly high to
me. Not how much we pay, but the actual units used. Looking back, the
last time I read the meter was 26.09.13, which is almost exactly a year
ago. Reading it today, I find we have used 9128 units over a year.

No electric heating. No tumble dryer. Just the usual washing machine,
dishwasher, two fridges/freezers, two desktops, two laptops, kettle,
lighting etc. An I naive, or is that a lot of units?

Get a energy monitor
The sensor just clips onto your incoming feed wire.

Link to a meter on Amazon Uk site
http://tinyurl.com/kra9oxx

They tend to be really useful for a couple of days while you discover
which appliances are taking the power. I have mine next to my TV and
glance at it last thing at night to see if anything power hungry has
been left on.

If you are thinking of buying one you can usually find the manual
on-line first.