Posted to alt.home.repair
Sherlock.Homes[_2_] Sherlock.Homes[_2_] is offline

Default Mounting a bracket on a brick wall

"micky" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:34:52 -0400, "Sherlock.Homes"
wrote:

Camera is two and a half kilos, or so it says on the box, but it also

says
worth $50 for customs declarations, so who you gunna believe? It feels

like
15 pounds but I will weigh it just for the helluva it.

I love it when Amazon gives the dimensions of the box, but not the item.

While this particular item came from Ebay I agree that Amazon is not the
best when it comes to detailed descriptions or useful photographs. For that
reason, I now scan through all the comments/reviews when buying something
where dimensions are critical.

I've had more than one occasion where they gave the unit measurements - a
microwave that had to fit in a specific opening - and they were wrong. Even
though I sent them a note (as did others, as of today they are STILL listing
the wrong size - way too big). To their credit they took it back and paid
the return shipping but wouldn't it make more business sense to just correct
the listing?

Latest peeve - looking for an HD media player. You'd be surprised at how
many items have a half a dozen pictures or more - top view, side view, photo
of the shipping box but NOTHING showing the keys on the remote. The one
that did have a good closeup photo showed the keys labeled in Chinese!!!!

SH