Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LinuxCNC config help...

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message
I definitely don't hand code for CNC text engraving...

I spent close to a year hand-coding the common office fonts for
this
ink jet printer, one dot at a time.
http://tinyurl.com/q8aalpm

The thick ink buildup around lab ink-jet test fixtures inspired 3D
printing.

Before, or after Wayne Green discussed the idea in his magazines?
It
was either in early issues of Byte, or in 73.

I knew Wayne Green at the time, from Mensa, and he never said anything
about it.

It was in one of his editorials about early personal computing,
before you bought something off the shelf. He also talked about
adapting CD players into a method to distribute programs. BTW a lot of
his magazines are on http://www.archive.org where you can download them
for free.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.