Posted to alt.home.repair

Default itsy bitsy tankless water heater?

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:10:45 -0400, micky
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 06:10:33 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 03:12:55 -0400, micky
wrote:

Itsy bitsy tankless water heater?

I saw a thread a while back about tankless water heaters.

How about this?. I only want to heat the hot water for one sink, in
the bathroom. I haven't the patience to wait until it's hot so I
always wash my hands or my face with cold water.

How about a small tank? They make under counter styles that hold a
few gallons.

http://www.grainger.com/category/ele...gestConfigId=2

We used them in two locations at work and they were plenty for a
vanity sink and wash up.

I guess this is really what I had in mind.** Thanks.

My basement WH leaked after so many years, but it was on the basement
floor, and now I have a pan underneath with a pipe to the sump pump
sump. Will this some day leak its 4 gallons into my bathroom, through
the ceiling to the dining room?

And will it radiate heat? I"ve pretty much stopped using my AC -- only
8 days this summer where I even needed the big fan -- but I don't want
to add heat to the top floor either?

**After I posted the question I found a page that seemed to say a
tankless water heater for even one sink was more like 40 amps.
http://toastyreviews.hubpages.com/hu...heater-reviews

Put a turkey roaster under it.