Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Bilco door bumps

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:48:27 -0400, micky
wrote:

I don't own a car so I do not know exactly what they are talking about, but I guess the guys at the store do.

Well, it's called Extend.

In the days of yore folks used Naval Jelly. Loctite bought the patent
I believe, and you can't get NJ now.

The Loctite EXTEND is and excellent product. Once it cures do not
sand it or break the surface back to bare metal. You can paint right
over it.

Take one hinge off at a time. Use a bench grinder wire wheel to clean
the hinge down to bare metal. Brush the extend on with a cheap sponge
brush and let it cure - then paint.

I did buy it at the auto parts store, now that I think about it, and
not at HD.