Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default [OT} Electricity usage

On 23/09/14 12:34, News wrote:
In message , John
Rumm writes
So I slapped a clamp meter round one of the meter tails, and switched
off various bits to see what showed up...

Interesting. So, if I am reading these figures correctly, that is a
total draw of 6.07 amps. What I don't know, is how to convert that to
KWph. In other words, if you used exactly 6.07 amps for one hour, how
many units of electricity would that be?

P (watts) =VI

E (Energy kWh) = Pt/1000 (P=power in watts, t=time in hours)

So measure your voltage (RMS) or assume 235V (as a happy medium between
240 and 230).

Sp 6.07 for one hour =

P = 6.07*235/1000
P = 1.43kWh rounded