Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Customer service is back!!!

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 17:44:29 -0400, Mark wrote:

Had 2 occasions where customer service came through unexpectedly. Just
when I'd thought customer service went out the window, surprise, surprise.

1. Ordered a Pfister tub/shower trim kit from the orange box store. Had
to order valve body separate. Trim kit wasn't the best but it ran $148,
and the valve body would've cost nearly $70 through the same store. The
box store ran out of the valve body, then discontinued it leaving
customers stranded. I wrote a negative review towards the same saying I
would be returning the trim kit. Got an email from Pfister saying they
want 100% customer satisfaction, and are sending me a valve body at no
charge!

2. Couldn't find a framed, recessed medicine chest in the size I wanted
except through Wayfair. Ordered a Nutone chest for almost $200. It
came, double boxed and packed well. Opened the first box and the
medicine chest was a Jensen, looked like what I wanted but they
substituted the brand without checking with me. Also the chest had a
small dent on the recessed part, and can be seen when the chest is
opened. It was appeared to be done before it was packed. Went online
to return it. Wanted to charge me a restocking fee! I called Wayfair,
they informed me they do this automatically since so many people have
buyer's remorse. They credited me the full amount and told me to keep
the chest!

How's that for customer satisfaction?

I think it's great. Don't expect much agreement here. I posted
something once, a story about hardware that was good or great, and I got
7 people disagreeing or finding fault with somebody.