Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default devices of unecessary complexity

On Monday, September 22, 2014 3:31:43 PM UTC-7, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Cydrome Leader fired this volley in news:lvq5ev

:

Stupid design.

Only stupid in retrospect. They did not anticipate the need when they

designed it.

You're a mook, CL. Smashing an F-body camera just to complain about the

complexity of it is ridiculous. Even lacking the prism, it was valuable

to someone other than you.

They were complex because of how much they could do -- mechanically,

only. Despite their complexity, they were marvelously reliable. Even

many that got dropped and/or banged around in service continued to work

just fine. I have a 1948 Meteor SP (1/2-frame 35) rotary focal plane

shutter camera that's a lot simpler than a Nikon-F, if you really want

'simple'.

My old Asai Pentax is every bit as complex as a Nikon. Despite its 1980s

origins, it's as reliable today as the day it was built. Film... that's

another problem. Only one maker still out there...

LLoyd

For ****s sake, Loud it's not sacred and he is free to do with it want he wants. If he's learning from taking it apart that's great. From what I can tell he learns from his mistakes and he is mechanical. Why don't you save your sanctimonious bull**** for someone who is not a moron because he isn't.

Now read what I wrote above again, Fuctard. Keep reading it until it sinks into your thick skull.