Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Garage door springs replacement

On 09/21/2014 1:44 PM, Nil wrote:
The (non-torsion-type) springs on my garage door have never been
replaced since I bought the house about 25 years ago. I'd like to
replace them before I'm forced to.

Why? If you want to go thru the exercise to size and have a spare on
hand, that's about as far as I'd go.

The car garage doors here were replaced with fiberglass doors
(Reynor???) some 40 yr ago and only one of the four has been replaced so
far. One or more of the other three may eventually go in my lifetime,
but I see no reason to do anything prior to that happening.

Maybe since you don't have a color-coded set go thru the exercise of
sizing perhaps, but why replace something that's still functional and
may be so for another 20 yr?