Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default devices of unecessary complexity

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 06:19:52 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

Steve W. wrote:
Cydrome Leader wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 00:32:43 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
wrote:

I deviced to take apart an orignal Nikon F 35mm camera today, to see
what's inside.

About 5000 parts is the answer, for a completely mechanical 35mm camera.

WHY???!!! did you smash a Nikon F body???

They are still worth in excess of $200 each and for us
collectors..they are freaking priceless!!!

It had no pentaprism, so it's not actually worth anything. I still have
one left that is complete.

while I'm typically no fan of destroying stuff like this, it is the only
option when no service manuals are available, and you can't hire and old
guy to let you watch a repair.

The question still stands. When do companies design stuff to be overly
complex. What's the real end goal?

Service manuals for many Nikon cameras, including the F

http://arcticwolfs.net/downloads.php

interesting. I looked for weeks and found nothing with the exploded
diagram, like this site does actually have.

oh well. Apparently the one I ripped apart had titanium foil instead of
cloth for the shutter. weird stuff.

Thats because the shutter was FAST and cloth couldnt take the stress
for years.

PJ O'Rourke