Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Eat mo' squirrel

On 9/21/2014 2:21 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message
On 9/18/2014 8:20 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:

(Snipped to demonstrate the marvels of advanced technology!)

Got it up to 657.
I think that's as high as the old girl is going to go now.

Dieseling is very bad for your gun. It will damage the dump valve.

You problem may be a week hammer spring is not dumping the dump valve
fast enough, but its more likely that your pump seal is dry and your gun
is not pumping efficiently.

657 feet per second from a Daisy pump is not weak!

Depends on the projectile. If it's a copper plated steel BB that's a bit
slow. If it's a 14+ grain pellet its screaming fast. LOL. They claim 750
FPS with a BB, but 700-730 is realistic.

That would probably be a fair speed if you are shooting the typical 7+
grain pellet like a Crossman premier.

I was referring to the difference between your current speed and your
previously posted speed.

For comparison my Nitro Piston bone stock shoots 10.5 grain dome pellets
around 845 FPS.

Ok, gotcha.

I just saw the mew Daisy "Powerline 880" on the shelves at wallyworld.
They say 800 FPS on the box. $44

Mine was $30 new.