Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roper dryer will not start.

On 9/21/2014 8:38 PM, gonjah wrote:
Right. Drum turns no heat.

Mine is just not coming on at all.

But....(some)juice is going to the thermal fuse.

Only thing after that is the pulley switch and the motor and I have no
idea if this machine has a pulley switch. I can't find it in the machine
or the blowups.

The timer is a bit more complicated than switches and fuses. I've given
it a continuity test and it passed but I'm still not certain it's
working properly.

Jim

Wish you'd said that earlier, about drum turns
but no heat. I thought you had no drum tumble.
Glad I asked. I was pulling your chain, cause
I knew it was not tumbling.

Last I worked on a gas dryer, the common parts
are hot surface igniter, and solenoid to gas
valve.

--
..
Christopher A. Young