Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 21/09/14 14:17, tony sayer wrote:
Well her indoors has a lot of Word doc's and suchlike sent to her and
was always complaining re OO or LO would not open them or sodded up the
formatting etc but since using KO no further problems reported..

Libre office is a lot better and if you install the stock windows fonts
as well it gets EVEN better.

But you cant allow for people who have made a pigs ear of their word
docs in the first place.

Well these were one's from academic establishments and I rather doubt
they'd sod them up, and I have heard of others who still have
compatibility problems. It seems that there are still issues when using
all three programs..
--
Tony Sayer