Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

In article , Bill
scribeth thus
In message , tony sayer
writes
In article , Tim Lamb
scribeth thus

Free office software is readily available (Kingsoft) for word
processing. My existing data files may not be accessible if transferred?

More or less..

Is Kingsoft any better than LibreOffice that I am now settled on? LO and
OO have a huge user base for help, and I manage almost perfectly in
dealing with incoming docs, sheets and Powerpoint from all sorts of
corporate users.

Well her indoors has a lot of Word doc's and suchlike sent to her and
was always complaining re OO or LO would not open them or sodded up the
formatting etc but since using KO no further problems reported..

--
Tony Sayer