Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

On Sun, 21 Sep 2014 02:49:56 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Interesting that you had problems with XBMC. Was it some 'special' version
to run on a Linux machine, or just a bog-standard XBMC ? The reason I ask is
that XBMC was installed on my Apple TV as part of the Green Poison jailbreak
that I did on it so it would play stuff other than in Apple proprietry
formats, and it works just fine, playing any format that I throw at it
without complaint or issue. Also, my son uses an actual XBox as a media
device to stream to from his network, and again, XBMC does a fine job of
handling all formats.

XBMC as a media centre worked fine and until it encountered the sat
card, was perfectly ok to live with. Configuring it to recognise the
card, then actually work with it, was hair-tearing.
Merely playing files with it was a breeze.