Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Eat mo' squirrel

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 14:08:30 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 10:16:16 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 20:34:32 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:53:20 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 18:50:22 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 15:56:35 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

I had an agricultural tragedy this past weekend. I have a little Red
Haven Semi-dwarf peach tree that I've been nursing along for a few
years, and it just produced its first modest peach crop: 26
beautiful and delicious little peaches.

I was getting ready to check them for ripeness on Saturday when I
saw that my 26 peaches had been reduced to 2. There were four or
five fat squirrels running around my yard with peaches in their
mouths.

The damned horses in the back lot got all my grapes from the back
vine. Then I found some on the side vine and the damned birds got 99%
of those before me. I'm about to go nuclear here.

Count your blessings, at least you don't have deer troulbe

I have A LOT of venison recipies

I don't hunt (yet), but I love nice, gamy venison. Yum! Tried some
raindeer from a restaurant and it tasted like cheap hamburger. Just
horrible. Only _then_ did they tell me it was farm-raised, the
bastids. Never again! Purina Deer Chow my ASS!@

My deer stand is all set up , with rotating chair . The corn has been spread
, the camera is mounted on a tree nearby and it's on and snappin' pics . The
straw bales are set up now , and I've been practicing with one of my bows
(35 lb recurve , will move up to the 47 pounder in a few days) . By the time
the bow season opens in 10 days I should be back in form to slaughter a poor
little innocent deer . I hope the first one is that doe that's been eating
my garden and fruit trees . Poetic justice IMO .

Go for it, Snag. I wonder if the fruit sweetens the meat...

I think my niece is giving me the 75# compound bow she found in her
garage, from a late friend of her dad's. If her dad doesn't show up
to give her away in a few weeks, I'll have that honor myself.

Anyway, when the SHTF, I'll be out joining the hunt purty quickly.

Let me know what the bow actually is when you get it.

I have a tiny little bit of knowledge about archery...just saying

Excellent.

_If_ I get it when I stop for her wedding, I'll bring it down with me
to your house. Got any extra aluminum or carbon shaft arrows?
I'll sure get my workout just practicing with that bow.

Actually....Im still shooting fiberglass..the last 5 dozen Gordon K2s
that I purchased about 25 yrs ago.

Aluminum tends to tend and bend when one hits a rock out here in the
tules and carbon..MOFOs are unreasonably expensive, But Ill see what
I have in that particular cabinet. Might be some aluminums

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke