Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

In message , tony sayer
writes
In article , Tim Lamb
scribeth thus

Free office software is readily available (Kingsoft) for word
processing. My existing data files may not be accessible if transferred?

More or less..

Is Kingsoft any better than LibreOffice that I am now settled on? LO and
OO have a huge user base for help, and I manage almost perfectly in
dealing with incoming docs, sheets and Powerpoint from all sorts of
corporate users.

Where I have original installation discs and the software version is
compatible, I will be able to load and use. (Quickbooks, Photoshop
7etc.)

Yep if their WIN 7 compatible.

.

If you have an old, valid Photoshop licence, I would think you should be
morally able to find and install the version that Adobe made available
when it messed up its registration setup. I know the Elements version
was available. I think the CS2 Suite includes Photoshop. I haven't
looked recently, so I'm not certain if this is all still accessible.

--
Bill