Posted to rec.woodworking

Default white Melamine cabinets

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 11:45:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:

The website Leon referenced also sells 6 inch by 6 inch squares in addition to the dots. I presume you can cut the material with scissors. If I go this route I would buy the 6"x6" squares and cut them to size to fit the blemished areas. I think slim rectangles stretching clear across the rails and stiles would be less visible than dots here and there.

Just remember, you are essentially buying self adhering vinyl strips. Think friction tape. With no feathering of edges of the repair, the missing vinyl will reflect right through the tape. The of course, you will have the raised edge of the tape you apply as well...

Be interesting to see what you think of this repair using that vinyl. Seriously, good luck and let us know how it goes.

Robert