Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

On 21/09/14 08:43, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Arfa Daily
writes

On 20/09/14 08:34, Tim Lamb wrote:
What software do you want to transfer.

Umm.. Turnpike although there is a fair bit of *knowledge* on how to do
this from previous moves.

I guess the obvious is a working browser so I can fetch the rest.

why not be adventurous, and install linux mint, and then see if
turnpike will run under WINE?

I thought he said he wasn't a geek .... ;-)

I did and I'm not!

Somebody once tried to teach me Elliot Algol back when things were done
with punched tape. I managed a few things on the kids Spectrum and BBC B
which included cheating on Colossal Adventure by looking through the
software. Very little progress since then.

I don't go fiddling with the oil pump on my motor car and don't expect
to have to do it on a computer.

Precisely.

Which is why you should abandon windows..

Arfa