Posted to alt.home.repair
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Garage door opener help

"Pico Rico" wrote in message

"Malcom "Mal" Reynolds" wrote in message
In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 04:38:49 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I agree, there does seem to be a common theme here. She doesn't tell
us the make/model, won't call manufacturer's customer service help,
doesn't have the manual, gets things installed assuming they will put
in
a Chamberlain because that's what was there before, etc.

...an won't ask a neighbor or her daughter to step up a ladder and
take a photo of the model label.

oh, that's an easy one: the neighbor will be too old and not have a
camera and she won't let the daughter do it because it's too dangerous

a bigger question is if the "garage" is too small for a car, why not
build a wall and use a regular door, and why does the daughter enter the
house thru the garage?

You guys are new to this one. She has been pulling these stunts for years
on other newsgroups. Don't ask her about what her family likes to eat!

I'm not pulling anything. All of the ranch style houses have the little
garage. I don't know why it is that way except that they have the water
heater out there. This used to be a very small 2 bedroom house. It has a
small shed built in on the outside of the garage so why the garage is on
there is beyond me. Had I built the house, I would have made a much larger
kitchen with a pantry. The garage is what I wound up using as a pantry
because there isn't enough space in the kitchen for much food.

This house and many others that used to be like it have been remodeled.
This house is now 1700 sq. feet with three bedrooms and two full baths.