Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Never get hit by a truck

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:34:04 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Randy333 wrote:
My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

My advice , get a GOOD lawyer . Especially of the at-fault driver is
insured by Allstate , because they will bend you over and screw you in a
heartbeat , and you won't even get a kiss . I ended up with a few thousand

The nick in the auto repair industry for a certain insurance company
is AllSnake. Agreed, get a good lawyer.

bucks and a back that will hurt for the rest of my life because I had a
lousy lawyer . I believe they would have screwed me on the bike too , if my
insco hadn't paid me for that (um/uim coverage is a very good thing) and
then billed them .

Yes, coverage is very important. It's those little extras that save
your arse every time.

--
One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.
-- Sophocles