Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Favorite clamps and where to buy, please.

On 09/20/2014 2:24 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:06:06 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

I also have a bunch of these but haven't found them to be too useful
(very light duty).

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch...amp-96214.html

I have several of these and these are the ones I've used in unnatural ways
with no problems.

I find they twist with only moderate pressure. They're OK for really
light duty, though.

I've walked thru HF on occasion and agree w/ the other respondent that
they're dependent on manufacturing batch -- some you could bend the bar
just with moderate hand pressure, others have been adequately strong for
reasonable glue jobs. But, none of them are up to a really heavy
torque'ing on them, from the jenuine Jorgenson down.