Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Favorite clamps and where to buy, please.

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 15:06:06 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Just so I'm being clear, these are the bar clamps that I'm talking
about:

http://www.harborfreight.com/36-in-a...amp-60539.html

I don't have any of those.

Don't. ;-)

The Irwin style "Quick" clamps are junk, as well. They don't break.
There is no way to get enough pressure with them to snap a toothpick.

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-in-ra...der-69045.html

These are the ones I was refering to as Irwin style. I find them only
useful for very light pressure requirements.

The ones I have slip with less pressure than would cause only moderate
pain on a finger. The release levers on many jam, too.

I also have a bunch of these but haven't found them to be too useful
(very light duty).

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-inch...amp-96214.html

I have several of these and these are the ones I've used in unnatural ways
with no problems.

I find they twist with only moderate pressure. They're OK for really
light duty, though.