Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The continuing hard drive worries.

On 20/09/14 19:36, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:53:40 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

That, and a couldn't be arsed with the Linux
equivalents of uTorrent and a couple of other things, but they were
relatively minor.

Same here.

I forgot to mention Photoshop; from what I could see, under WINE that
would have been problematical. Even so, I would have persevered and
likely have run PS in a virtual machine.

This time around, I'll put a Linux guest via Virtual Box on Win7/64
and retain my sat card on the host, while getting the Linux web access
I liked.

what card is it? as I say I managed to get mine working OK.

Technistat Skystar2 pci.
The drivers were there, and it was recognised and I could actually get
it working a channel at a time in VLC, but XBMC was just impossible.
It has a set-up interface designed by a sadist.

Try kaffeine. Best setup program - just does a full scan

XMBC is designed for 'media cenres' not GP PC.

The other option is ME-TV.