Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx[_3_] amdx[_3_] is offline

Default OT Never get hit by a truck

On 9/20/2014 8:50 AM, Randy333 wrote:
My wife and I were on the way to the Jersey Shore last Friday. Traffic
on rt476 stopped, I stopped, the Freightliner behind me didn't. Spent
about 6 hours in the ER, both me and my wife. I got a broken collar
bone and my wife is black and blue and sore everywhere.

Truck pushed our Kia Sportage into 3 more cars in front of us, our
airbags went off, the others did not. Sportage is a total. I'm stuck
in a sling for 6 weeks. This is the first major accident I was ever
in, a few fender benders before but nothing like this.

my advice, never get hit by a truck.

Randy

Sorry to hear about your trouble, I'm sure your not happy with the
accident, but be thankful it wasn't much worse. Hug the wife and tell
your glad she's safe.

I got rear ended years ago, I was the fourth car out of five in the
chain reaction. When I got hit, it drove my seat back to the end of it's
travel, I had a razor on a shelf under the dash and it slid off and
started buzzing. I was shocked and very confused and I could not
understand the buzzing noise, about the time I became aware of things, I
looked up to see the young lady whose car I hit standing in front of me
looking her car, then she giving me a dirty look, got back in her car
and left. I don't think she realized I was pushed into her.
Their was a mail truck in the line, he was acting injured, although,
I suspect he was putting on the disability performance of his life.
Mikek

---