Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Cutting skirting mitres

On 20/09/2014 11:10, JimK wrote:
On Saturday, 20 September 2014 09:23:51 UTC+1, stuart noble wrote:
On 20/09/2014 09:15, A.Lee wrote:

James Harris wrote:

Any general recommendations on tools for cutting skirting boards? ....

* Buy a mitre box....

* Buy a manual mitre saw.....

* Buy an electric mitre saw. ..

The alternative is to make my own mitre box and cut the skirting using it.

Or, do it the 'old' way by cutting one walls skirting to the profile of

the other piece it butts up to.

One tool required, a coping saw.

Mitres are dead easy with a hand held circular saw set to 45 degs. IME
you do need both hands though, so a workmate is handy for holding things
steady

IME 45 degrees may not always be the correct angle.....

Jim K

Might be 67.5 for a bay, but it's that or 45 in my book. I'd rather
tweak the plaster than the mitre